Friday, July 22, 2005


Junta for Bombs, Ladies

Art is our chief means of breaking bread with
the dead.
~~W. H. Auden


Crossroads is mostly metaphoric about "went
to the crossroads and fell down on my knees".
It's not the song I 'd pick to accompany my
meeting with God, since I was born with him
in me just like all of us are (or most of us...). So
NPR touts some guys in West Conchy funding
the study of the boundries between theology
and science using the humble approach. I like
talking to people who believe in Big Bang and
evolution and who don't cringe if God ever
crops up in conversation. But rather than
argue how nature looks now compared to the
Mesozoic era when my family strain started,
ooga-booga, I'm stuck on getting a good look at today's (boom-boom).
It was like an Apple guy explaining the DOS guy as a guy who needs
to know HOW it works and the Apple guy just
wants to know WHAT it can do. I see the
expanse and the foliage and move quickly to
let it do what is does to me. It always steers to
the best parts of living. Dying is just part of
living (maybe not so much the best part..). Posted by Picasa